“It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.” ~ C.S. Lewis

This quote just about speaks for itself, but I want to take some time out to talk about the concept of RISK. It might seem irrelevant, but if you would follow me for a moment, I guarantee we'll get somewhere:

The noun "RISK" denotes the possibility of loss or injury; something or someone that suggests or creates a hazard. The verb "RISK" means to expose to hazard or danger.

When it comes to living a purposeful life, there are inherent risks involved. What if I won't be accepted? What if it doesn't work? What if I fail? These are the kinds of questions that relegate our lives to living an egg existence; always knowing there is an eagle within us, but not willing to push to hatch, spread our wings and FLY.

However, I want to submit a mind altering question: what if the REAL risk is in remaining within the shell of my comfort zone? What if maintaining a semblance of normalcy was NEVER God's purpose and destiny for me?

So in reality, my RISK (possibility of loss or danger; exposure to hazards) is in remaining within the ranks of the status quo, ever imprisoned by a comfort zone that has corrupted and atrophied my mind and emotions!

C.S. Lewis presented two mutually exclusive choices: hatch or go bad. Are YOU willing to take the risk of going bad? I'm not.