"There are those who work all day. Those who dream all day. And those who spend an hour dreaming before setting to work to fulfill those dreams. Go into the third category because there's virtually no competition." ~ Steven J Ross

My husband and I were talking this morning, and I was telling him how much my parents encouraged me when I was younger. They weren't perfect, but they did more than the best they could for my sake.

However, one thing I want to do differently in my parenting practice is teach a balance between hard work and being a dreamer. My parents taught me how to do well both in and under authority. I want to teach my sons how to do the same, but I want to add that they should always pursue their dreams. If God gave them any kind of dream, then they should focus their energies on bringing those dreams to fruition...it will teach them the values of setting goals and refusing to settle until those goals are reached.

As I graduate beyond the attitude that settles within the status quo of having a decent job, I want to ensure my children never fall into that trap. If they have to start out flipping burgers or typing in a cubicle, that's fine. But eventually, what I've instilled within them will overshadow their 9 to 5's and propel them to greatness!