"Disenchantment, whether it is a minor disappointment or a major shock, is the signal that things are moving into transition in our lives." ~ William Throsby Bridges

Disenchantment: The state of being freed from illusion. ~ Merriam Webster Dictionary

Much has changed in the past few months. My family and I are in the process of relocating, jobs have shifted, schools have transferred, friendships have both begun and ended. However, the one thing that I am grateful for is the grace to remove rose colored glasses about our circumstances and look at them free from illusion.

Some people I thought would never change took a turn for the negative. Perhaps, though, they were always like that, and I was looking at them through the lens of illusion. Some people that I couldn't trust as far as I could throw them turned out to be dependable and honest. Perhaps they were always that way, and I never took the time out to see them through God's eyes.

Either way, things have changed, and ironically enough, both minor disappointment and major shock has accompanied this time of transition in our lives. This journey has taught me quite a bit. The main thing I've learned is how much more I still have to learn. God reveals it all in His timing, though. That is the one unchangeable, immutable thing I can count on.