“Guard against the prestige of great names; see that your judgments are your own; and do not shrink from disagreement; no trusting without testing.” ~ John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton
More than ever before, we live in an era that seeks to feed us what to think and how to think it. From the media to the church, there are so many opinions about what should or shouldn't be done, said, pursued, etc. Don't get me wrong...it's important to seek wise counsel prior to making any kind of major decision. It's even more imperative to have a strategy, plan and goal about where you want to go with any project; if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

However, where is the originality these days? In music, I feel like I hear the same artist over and over again on the radio; they just take on a different alias with each song. In news, whatever happened to unbiased, objective reporting? Instead, all this propaganda is inserted in between the lines of the facts that I seek.

My opinion may agree with someone else's, but it's not because of the person. The only person I can think of that could change my opinion about an issue cart blanch, hands down is Jesus. He's God, so He's always right. LOL Therefore, I'm not in the practice of dropping names to make my opinion that much stronger. If it's mine, I'll stand on it and leave Mr. Obama's or Dr. God's name out of it. If I truly believe what I'm saying, there's no need for me to drop a name of prestige...who God created me to be carries enough clout and credibility to stand on its own.
How do you maintain your originality?