"What do we lose by another’s good fortune? Let us celebrate with them, or strive to emulate them,That should be our desire and determination.” ~ Sri Sathya Sai Baba

God has truly graced me, you all. He truly has. I'm not just talking about tangible areas like relationships, abilities and talents, but I'm talking about in my attitude and personality as well. I'm definitely not your run of the mill type of sister, and I thank Him for being unique and constantly introducing me to myself each day.

There are some things that don't impress me. Bank accounts, money, houses, cars, businesses, clothing...all those things are fleeting. Therefore, when I see others receiving increase in those areas, I'm not apt to get envious of those things. In fact, I start observing more, because money and all its accouterments don't make you...it only magnifies who you already are. If a person changes, they turn into who they already were as opposed to the forced humility that was upon them in their low state.

I celebrate when I see the good fortune of others, especially if they've proven to be faithful to the same things I hold dear. When good fortune comes to me (and it's coming soon), I want to be able to throw a party and invite everyone over, not to flaunt it, but to share my joy, even as I shared in the joy of others when their own good fortune came.

What about you?