"To educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take nothing for granted, but to always seek out and value the kind that will stand behind the action. Nothing that is done for you is a matter of course. Everything originates in a will for the good, which is directed at you. Train yourself never to put off the word or action for the expression of gratitude." ~ Albert Schweitzer



To God:

  • Thank You for never giving up on me, even when I wanted to give up on myself.
  • Thank You for creating me to be uniquely ME, and for breaking the mold after You made me (I don't know if it's because I was THAT special, or because the world couldn't handle more than one of me, but I thank You nonetheless. LOL)
  • Thank You for humbling me.
  • Thank You for being the center of the universe...I now realize that's a job I can't handle. LOL
  • Thank You for showing me in both tangible and intangible ways that You ARE.
To my husband:
  • Thank you for loving me, even when I'm unlovable.
  • Thank you for all the laughter that washed away the tears.
  • Thank you for balancing me and being strong when I was weak.
  • Thank you for showing me a true example of faith in action every day.
  • Thank you for letting me be a mother to a son I didn't birth.
  • Thank you for getting me pregnant...even though that nine months was hell for you! LOL
  • Thanks for doing the dishes the other night! Wow! Will wonders ever cease? LOL
To my spiritual parents, Bryan and Glenda Smith:
  • Thank you for being the change you want to elicit in the world!
  • Thank you for your prayers and your time.
  • Thank you for showing me it is possible to raise children in the church that aren't permanently damaged by the time they grow up. LOL
  • Thank you for reaching the campus, the community and the cosmos with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
  • Thank you for the family you created at CCWC and NDWC.
  • Thank you for not giving up on me.
To my Mama:
  • Thank you for your prayers!!!!!!!!!!
  • Thank you for letting go and letting me grow up.
  • Thank you for giving me back to the Lord.
  • Thank you for being an awesome Nana!
  • Thank you for giving me unconditional love.
  • Thank you for answering my rebellion with discipline and wisdom.
  • Thanks for Jay!!!!!!
To my older brother:
  • Thanks for being my partner in crime growing up! LOL
  • Thank you for growing up and showing me what a man was supposed to be.
  • Thank you for taking such good care of Moms and Grandma after Pops died.
  • Thank you for WAITING to get married, in spite of all of us trying to hook you up with someone. LOL
  • Thanks for the MUSIC that created the soundtrack of our childhood!
  • Thank you for being so picky when it comes to women. I know your wife is going to be AWESOME.
To my church family at CCWC and all the other places I've been to during my tenure in the military:
  • Thank you for showing me that a relationship with Christ is attainable.
  • Thank you for teaching me how to chew the meat and spit the bones out when it comes to giftings.
  • Thank you for showing me the difference between real and phony; church folk and disciples.
  • Thank you for showing me that if I can survive betrayal and hurt from those who are supposed to exemplify Christ, I can survive ANYTHING. LOL
  • Thank you for being the Book we study!
  • Thank you for the laughter and the exercise (running laps around the church ain't no joke!). LOL
To the readers:
  • Thank you for reading and leaving a comment about what you're thankful for!
I could go on and on...but I want to hear from you! What are you grateful for?