"A forged painting, which is 1,000 years old, is still a fake today! Wrong stays wrong forever." ~ Reinhard Bonnke


There was a time in my life when everything was off balance inwardly, but outwardly, I was a successful woman, able to fool anyone who didn't spend a prolonged amount of time with me into thinking I had it all together.

Eventually I got to the point where I could look at myself in the mirror and not know the person looking back at me. Something had to change! I had to get my mind right! I didn't want to be a forgery of a person, taking a little technique from one person or another that I admired, and not knowing who I really was.

Here's the thing: imitation is NOT the highest form of flattery...unless Jesus is the one I'm trying to imitate. I'm no good trying to be anyone else but Harriet Hairston. A forgery, no matter how old, mature or wise they get, is still wrong.

How do ensure you remain genuine to what you believe and who you are throughout the course of your life?