“Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become." ~ Anonymous
Some huge things are taking place in my life right now. The amazing thing about them is the fact that I placed an expectation on my atmosphere to change. I know that sounds like a whole bunch of psycho mumbo-jumbo, but allow me to explain before you write me off.

Within my immediate surroundings, I choose to be a thermostat instead of a thermometer. Therefore, instead of my circumstances and surroundings affecting me, I choose to be the force that affects them. A thermostat, depending on its setting, will either raise or its own temperature until the outward circumstances reflect what it is set to. It is a catalyst and a incubus of change.

I said that to say this: the words we speak are seeds that open up dialog with our atmospheres to bring about the outward circumstances of our lives. The investment we make with the words we speak, whether complaint or optimism, will directly affect what attracts itself to us.

For example, I'm sure the mindset of a caterpillar that realizes it is about to change could be one of two things: 1) I'll be dog! It's the end of the world! or 2) I'm about to spread my wings and fly higher when I get through this trial and cocoon experience! Obviously that's a personification, but I see those two mindsets fighting against one another in my own life. I choose to follow the "Fly Higher" point of view.

So when I say, "I placed an expectation on my atmosphere to change," I meant that I invested all my words, my prayers to the Lord, my actions and thoughts towards the fact that my life as it is right now is not a reflection of who I am to become. It is just a temporary state between my current existence and the future greatness I am destined for if I allow the Lord to continue ordering my steps and keeping me humble.

It looks like that investment is about to garner an AWESOME return! So I celebrate the possibilities of change and let go of who I was in order to become all God wants me to become. And I celebrate YOU doing the same!

How are you investing your words, thoughts and actions towards positive change?