"If you can accept losing, you can't win." ~ Vince Lombardi


"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." ~ Bill Cosby


There are some things that are unacceptable to me. I have a hard time watching some of my other married friends succumb to allowing their marriages to fall by the wayside through selfishness, adultery or "growing apart." I love to see my friends pressing towards their purpose and doing whatever it takes to elevate their current circumstances. I pray fervently for those connected to me to be well and continue to prosper in the Lord.


Isn't it funny how I can have that kind of faith for others, but can't translate that faith to myself? Maybe I'm the only one...I don't know. I didn't think I was afraid of success until I started going beyond my 9 to 5 job to seek out my own path. Using my unique talents and capabilities never caused me to doubt myself until I started listening to that still small voice that wanted me to test the waters.


Speaking of voices, it would seem that I have God in one ear, and the devil incarnate trying to scream over Him. Maybe I'm just blaming the devil and refusing to acknowledge that the negative voice is actually my own. That actually sounds more accurate.


But God says that what I write matters. He told me that it will change the lives of men and women around the world. I want to believe, but my eyes see how no one ever comments on my articles, and the response I got from sending my book out to a target audience (trust me...it wasn't pretty). Then my mouth, instead of agreeing with God, starts investing into the stock of fear, which has paralyzed me in the past.


I'm just being real here. God told me I have greatness inside me, and it's time to go ahead and let it on out. Yet when I take a step, apprehension bombards my mind. Things have changed little by little, though. Instead of losing ground, I stand my ground with every baby step I take. Instead of worrying about what I cannot control, I celebrate every small goal I complete towards making the dreams God gave me come true.


Losing is no longer something I'm going to settle for. And in the past few days, I have decided that I want God's will for my life more than I am afraid of the responsibility that comes with that package. Fear and defeat are no longer options in my book. I'm going for the gusto, and TRUST ME...I will be victorious.


Anything less would be unacceptable.