"You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure about you. We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us." ~ Norman Rockefeller



Between the ages of 9 to 10, I grew over seven inches in height. I would come home from school with pants on that fit, do my homework, help fix dinner, go out to play if it was still light outside, and then come back in, undress, take a shower and go to bed. If I tried the same pants on the next day, they would be too small. I literally outgrew sizes overnight, and it drove both my parents and I crazy!

It's funny how I see my current situation and circumstances just like those clothes that I outgrew so often as a child. What do I look like in wintertime trying to wear cut off jeans? That's some foolishness! I've outgrown these circumstances, and as much as I would like to play small because I'm in a comfort zone, it's time to give it up and go forth into new horizons. I need to be in a place I can grow into.

I'm not talking about a geographical area here, nor am I dealing with relationships, careers or any other tangible thing. There is a function within all of us that yearns not only to dream, but to take action to make those dreams come true. Our dreams are supposed to be larger than life, because God's glory can only fit within the limitless boundaries of a heart willing to go forth and do the impossible.

How do we manifest the glory that God deposited within us as He intricately wove our souls together within the wombs of our mothers?
  • We LISTEN to the small voice inside us saying, "Go forth and do great things."

  • We IGNORE the loud voice inside us saying, "That's impossible!"

  • We SEEK GOD about the next step.

  • We TREAD into what Maya Angelou called "the unknown, but longed for still."

There's room for everyone where greatness is. The sky is a much too low limit to strive for. Let's affect the universe with the sizes of our dreams!